The seventh annual Public Radio Techsurvey, in partnership with the Public Radio Program Directors Association, reveals how public radio is positioned in the ongoing digital revolution.
Here are some of the trends the 2015 survey revealed about public radio listeners:
- Video streaming platforms (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) are used more than streaming audio channels (Pandora, Spotify, etc.).
- Nearly one fourth are listening to more on-demand content.
- The most popular podcasts are This American Life, Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me!, Radio Lab, Serial, and Fresh Air.
- The NPR One app drives more public radio listening.
- 90% say an AM/FM radio in a new car is very important, but many are also interested in new in-car technology, including Bluetooth and an Aux In connector.
Download the Slide Deck
[download id="20190" template="button"]